help

Fitness for Life - April 2015

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 3 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 135
missashly Posted: Sun, Apr 19 2015 4:23 PM

This is a monthly group open to anyone on the site, no matter what stage in life you are at. Here, we lend support and accountability, along with advice and tips on getting fit and staying fit. Feel free to share achievements (and failures), stories, inspirational words, and articles. Everyone here is encouraged to set a monthly goal for themselves, and (with a little determination and hard work) watch it happen!

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." - Lao Tzu

** Moved from Health and Fitness 4.22.2015 **

Baby Girl ~10
Baby Boy ~ 9
Baby Boy ~ 7
Baby BFP 4/12/15 - 11 DPO

Heart Married 2/1/15Heart

Not Ranked
Posts 135
missashly replied on Sun, Apr 19 2015 4:24 PM

my goal this month is to walk at least 5 days a week for 1 hour. so far, havent done that great, but a new week is right around the corner!

Baby Girl ~10
Baby Boy ~ 9
Baby Boy ~ 7
Baby BFP 4/12/15 - 11 DPO

Heart Married 2/1/15Heart

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 29,513
dj rayne replied on Wed, Apr 22 2015 5:59 AM

I'm just trying for a mile a day consistently. Now that the rain is over for at least the week I'm hoping to get started. Great goal Ashley!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 29,513
dj rayne replied on Mon, Apr 27 2015 4:54 AM

And storms have made a mess of walking. I'll have plenty to do picking up sticks when I am able to get out. It'll add to the mileage.

Not Ranked
Posts 26
BaileyCat replied on Mon, Apr 27 2015 10:51 AM

I'd like to join!

I'm preparing for ttc and would like to lose as much weight as possible (and as is healthy to do so) in the next few months. I'm not into WW, so I'll just be eating reasonable portions of whole foods and exercising. I'm hoping the motivation of ttc can push me through those tough points at the beginning. I really want to be a healthy mom. :-)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 29,513
dj rayne replied on Wed, Apr 29 2015 4:50 AM

Welcome! What type of exercise? If this rain ever ends I'll be walking. With days getting longer I am looking to fit a walk in after I get home. With a full day motivation is gong to be an issue for me until summer break starts.

Not Ranked
Posts 26
BaileyCat replied on Wed, Apr 29 2015 11:13 AM

Thanks, dj! Right now I'm trying to walk every morning and every evening and that's going well. I'm thinking that I'll add some body weight exercises like push-ups, lunges, and such. For me, building muscle is key to losing weight. I'm going to shoot for doing body weight exercises/weight training 3 times a week.

Anyone else doing some weight training? What's your go-to routine?

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 1,677
micajones07 replied on Thu, Apr 30 2015 10:14 PM

I'm almost  2 months PP and trying to tone up and lose the last 10 pounds. It's been hard to eat healthy because I have a baby that never likes to be put down long enough to make something. I really need to try to meal plan for the week so I have at least some decent lunches. I do have a large dog that needs exercise so we do go on 1-2 mile walks at least 3 times a week which is about 2 days and 2 miles less than what I was doing while pregnant but it's a lot harder to get out of the house now with a newborn.  I have been doing these leg, arm and ab 30 day challenges that are pretty easy to do. Not all at the same time, most of the time I only have time to do one at a time but it's been enough to make me a little sore so I guess they are doing something. I'm not ready yet to take my daughter to the gym but once she's a little older I will probably head back and do some weight lifting. 

Me: 30 DH: 31, married since 2007

Ainsley Elise- March 4th, 2015 (39w6d), 8lbs, 15oz, 20 inches - Birth Story- http://www.ovusoft.com/forums/p/298117/1902382.aspx?d=1#1902382

NTNP since 1/2016

BFP 1/19/2016 - chemical pregnancy

BFP 2/18- very hopeful for another rainbow baby!

http://tcoyf.com/members/micajones07/charts/default.aspx

BabyFruit Ticker

Not Ranked
Posts 52
Ninja678 replied on Mon, May 25 2015 12:44 PM

Hi everyone. Great to read what you're all up to.

I'm TTC #1. I used to be fairly fit and a little overweight, but since ttc I've found it really hard. My motivation was always to be a fit and healthy mum, but the emotional rollercoaster that is ttc (and 1mc) has seen me gain ~40lb over the last year and a half. Basically it goes like this:

week 1 of each cycle full of good intentions - running, gym, sticking to slimming world (losing maybe up to 4lb)

week 2 getting neurotic (like threatening to beat my boyfriend over the head with my OPK each morning crazy) which is really exhausting. I have the odd treat (or even alcohol on rare occasions) to coax him into the sack, and the workout routine hits the rocks because BD'ing makes me late for work and then I have to work late...

week 3 terrified of an early mc - I knock back the intensity of workouts, and I never know how hard to diet: I know I have to be healthy, but I also know that I should eat well and avoid exhausting myself.

week 4: fear of AF, PMT, and eventual sobbing into a mountain of pizza and chocolate. Exercise becomes a distant memory - getting out of my pyjamas and going to work if challenging enough, thank you.

So, it's not surprising I'm gaining weight. I'm now clinically obese and the fertility doc has raised this as a concern.  

I was wondering if anybody could recommend a diet and workout regime (maybe a book/video/class) that's TTC-friendly?

TTC #1 Me: 35 DB:45 

Angel MC May 2014 @ 11wks

My Chart

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 29,513
dj rayne replied on Fri, May 29 2015 4:50 PM

Usually just recognizing the destructive pattern and breaking it can be what it takes to get you on your way. Just losing 10% can make all the difference in the world when you develop a more consistent pattern. Unless you are exercising to the extreme then what your body is used to is not too much. If you are cycling normally then there should be no problems. If exercise impacts your cycle then you are doing too much. Same for diet. Focus on making better choices and allowing yourself that treat that will prevent binging and don't follow the crowd that says "Oh you can't do that in the TWW". You and baby don't share until 21DPO. Without over doing enjoy what you normally enjoy. I found following an adjusted weight watchers plan most beneficial and made an effort to walk every day in addition to what I typically did at the time. I can say with my pg that stuck my stress level was through the roof, my caffeine consumption so far over the line - I had the jitters constantly from pots of coffee not just cups and I was binge eating from all of the stress. Definitely not a time period I would ever guess would lead to a successful pregnancy. Exercise was crazy with days that I did nothing followed by days that I rode hard or walked for miles on end or both. Perhaps less reliance on OPKs, frequent but not "it has to be now" sex timed by your pattern and staying off the scale for a month or two could help. Support whether here or IRL could help. If there is a particular active activity you enjoy then finding a class - could be yoga, pilates, zumba, whatever could be the answer. For me it was riding and yoga. I had a couple of pilates tapes that are no longer on the market that I would throw in for good measure and I walked on the days I didn't ride as well as if there was time the days I did. Yoga tape was three times a week early or on days the weather was crummy. Pilates was just whenever if I had time. It sounds like I did a lot but the longest activity was riding and only because I took the time to tack up. It was mostly on the weekends and one morning a week. I'd do the tapes early in the am as I am an early bird with a consistent 4 am wake up - some times earlier, rarely later. Walking was after work. We had miles of fence line to check and dogs to run so it made the decision easier but when I was at my parents it was my down time as things are chaotic there and getting away for that short time was peaceful. I also had access to a tread mill that I made use of early in the morning when everyone else was asleep.  Actually I saw my biggest weight loss with just that.

Not Ranked
Posts 52
Ninja678 replied on Fri, Jun 5 2015 4:06 PM

Hey dj - thanks for that. I had no idea about not sharing until 21dpo - that makes me feel a lot less awkward. 

TTC #1 Me: 35 DB:45 

Angel MC May 2014 @ 11wks

My Chart

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS