Multiple days of positive OPKs

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 342
orangekitty Posted: Tue, Mar 7 2017 9:12 AM

Hi everyone,

This is the second cycle in a row that this has happened to me. I'm now on day 4 of blaring positive OPK tests with no temp rise. Last cycle I did eventually ovulate so I'm hoping that'll be the case this cycle as well. Poor DH is hopeful it'll be sooner rather than later because he's got a cold and wants a night off. :) I thought this was mentioned in another thread recently but I can't find it. Does anyone have any idea what could cause this to happen?

I haven't changed test brands or methods. I'm testing with a 3-4 hour hold mid-morning with wondfo dip strips. I've had a fairly stressful 7-8 weeks with a relative in hospital who recently passed away, so stress could definitely be affecting ovulation. But I've been stressed for long periods in the past and typically I just don't get any positive OPKs at all when that's the case. It's the multiple days of them that's got me confused!

I'm sort of assuming this is a sign of yet another slip even further into peri, but would love some confirmation from others that that's probably what's going on.

Many thanks!

My charts

39 y.o., NTNP since June 2014.

High FSH and tiny ovaries = premature ovarian insufficiency. Donor egg cycle overseas in January 2017: BFN. Looking into adoption, fostering and a second DE cycle and loving up our nieces, nephews and furbabies until all the pieces fall into place.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 11,543
tmonee replied on Sat, Mar 11 2017 8:04 AM

Strange. I thought I had replied to this... sorry Orangekitty!

You may be correct in that it is a further slip into peri. As my cycle started to get wonky that was one of the first things I noticed. Typically I had two days of positives, then it stretched out to 4, then 6 and then I just quit using OPK because I was surging but not seeing a temp rise.

Remember as well that LH levels can remain high for some even after ovulation. It looks like one more temp above 97.7 and the software will drop an egg in on CD18.

Not Ranked
Posts 342
orangekitty replied on Mon, Mar 13 2017 9:12 AM

Thanks tmonee, I'm still getting positives so if it's not peri-related then I don't know what's up!

The SW dropped an egg by using ROT but I'm not sold. I woke up with a fever of 100.6 just after I went to bed last night and I took Tylenol to bring it down, so probably I should disturb today's temp, which will remove the egg. It'll be interesting to see what my temps do over the next few days! At the moment it looks like there are two different temp ranges on my chart, but nothing that definitely says to me that O has happened.

My charts

High FSH and tiny ovaries = premature ovarian insufficiency. Donor egg cycle overseas in January 2017: BFN. Looking into adoption, fostering and a second DE cycle and loving up our nieces, nephews and furbabies until all the pieces fall into place.

Not Ranked
Posts 65
mollie8765 replied on Mon, Mar 20 2017 5:30 PM

I was having issues with lots of positive OPKs, and I wasn't sure if it was a bigger issue (maybe mine is the thread you saw?).  I talked to my regular PCP and  anecdotally, she said she had 7 positive OPKs the month she conceived her child, so it seems like perhaps the tests aren't 100% reliable--at least if we're having more than a couple positives in a row.

Me: 32 DH: 35

TTA for now.  More charts: http://www.ovusoft.com/members/mollie8765/files/default.aspx

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 11,543
tmonee replied on Mon, Mar 20 2017 5:51 PM

Hmm... now that the cycle has ended it looks to me as though the temp on CD11 should not be disturbed (that temp doesn't look disturbed compared to the surrounding temps). Do you remember why you disturbed it? If you include it, it will lower your cover line to 97.5.

I would also turn off ROT.

With the above said / changes made, it looks to me as though ovulation could have happened CD14 which would have given you a 12 day LP.

What do you think? Flowers

Not Ranked
Posts 342
orangekitty replied on Tue, Mar 21 2017 11:35 AM

Hi Tmonee!

The temp on CD11 is disturbed because I forgot to temp when I woke up and ended up doing it after I'd already hit snooze once and looked at my phone for a few minutes. Do you still think I should include it? I agree that it's not out of place with the surrounding temps but since I the conditions were so different from how I usually temp I thought I should probably disturb it, but now I'm questioning that logic!

The temps on CD16 and CD17 are definitely lower than my typical LP range, which is one of the reasons I was fine with leaving O where it's marked. I believe the temp on CD18 would have been much higher if I'd managed to sleep all the way to my alarm (I temped 2.5 hours early that day because I happened to wake up) so potentially O was CD17 as well. I'd love to think O was CD14 but I think I've only ever had a 12-day LP once since I started charting. Of course peri could be throwing me a bone and helping me out with a nice, healthy, normal LP for a change!

Both charts 46 and 47 have a bunch of similar characteristics, which is interesting to me. I missed temps on chart 47 due to illness and because I wasn't sleeping well around the time of my nephew's funeral, but they both have a super high spike followed by some days of lower-but-not-quite-FP-level temps then a bit of a jump up at the tail end of the LP.

The multiple days of positive OPKs are new for me as well. I was getting maybe one day before this but more often than not I was missing the surge because it was so short. The test line on the positive days I have marked on my last two charts was turning colour before the control line, and in some cases it was stealing the dye.

My charts

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS