help

I miss OS from back in the day

rated by 0 users
This post has 41 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Not Ranked
Posts 2,453
NorthStar Posted: Mon, Jan 9 2017 1:53 PM

I miss OvuSoft before the changes, before FB was a thing. It was so active and such a great community with a wealth of knowledge. I wish more people were on here now. 

Me(32) Heart DH

DD12 DD7 DS3 TTC since June 2015 

Angel Feb. 28, 2004       Angel Nov. 5, 2006       Angel Dec. 14, 2016 

7w Early Miscarriage  14w Subchorrionic  10.5w Blighted Ovum

Jan. '17 Dx. Hetero MTHFR A1298C & Hysteroscopy

Feb. 18, 2017 Angel Chemical Pregnancy

My Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 392
Peony replied on Tue, Jan 10 2017 8:33 AM

I do miss it too! After the site changed the name, a lot of the members did not find it under Ovusoft and went to the new TCOYF site which is a crap! I wish it could be advertized somewhere lol :-D 

Me (33) Kiss DH (34) Baby Girl 29-08-2014

NTNP April - July 2016

TTC#2 from July 2016

Low AMH, high FSH, low AFC, lowish sperm count for DH 

IVF #1 Jan/2017: chemical PG Angel

My Bio

My charts

Not Ranked
Posts 535
hb12red replied on Sun, Jan 22 2017 6:40 PM

Me too! These boards are so quiet now!  I really loved having an active due date group with my first two kids and I'm missing it this time around!

Baby Boy April 2012

Baby Girl March 2015

Broken Heart 7 weeks September 2016

BFP 10/6/16! Praying for a rainbow baby!

My charts

BabyFruit Ticker
Not Ranked
Posts 404
luv1mo replied on Mon, Jan 23 2017 11:42 AM

Me too! Even the posters who were on here almost every day didn't seem to come along when it switched back. I prefer the relative anonymity of these forums to Facebook, any day.

Me: 43 | Husband: 42

Proud parents to boy/girl twins born 5.28.11 and boy born 4.19.13.

Chemical pregnancy 7.13.16

Positive pregnancy test 1.11.17

12-week ultrasound -- everything looks good. Very wiggly baby!

See my profile for test results, etc.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 11,532
tmonee replied on Mon, Jan 23 2017 1:12 PM

I think Amber is referencing a time even before what most of you remember. Way back in the day you could hardly keep up on the threads, if you missed even one day on the boards you spent the next two catching up. Then there was a falling out and a bunch of people left and some things changed. I was a member back then, but not part of the moderating team.

Last year when the partnership with Toni ended and they changed the URL, things got worse as the change was not discussed or prepared for. I actually signed up on the new TCOYF.com forums to let people know we were still here and our new address, but they banned me for sharing links (no message to me, instead they contacted the site admins here).  If people would just start posting and sharing in  the open forum areas, instead of huddling only in the buddy groups, we might be able to bring some traffic back. But as it is now, it feels like a private club that any newcomer would be hesitant to join.

Fertility Friend has now locked down their forums, so if you don't pay you can't even participate there. I'm hoping others will find the benefit of things here, and our free charting, and we can get things back to moving on a quicker pace.

Not Ranked
Posts 340
orangekitty replied on Mon, Jan 23 2017 1:49 PM

tmonee:
If people would just start posting and sharing in  the open forum areas, instead of huddling only in the buddy groups, we might be able to bring some traffic back.

Yes! This!! I've noticed that people are tending to post questions in their buddy groups (I'm not calling anyone out because I'm guilty as well) instead of in the question forums and I really think it discourages members who aren't part of the buddy groups from answering and becoming more active members of the community. The other thing I do that I really shouldn't is trail a series of questions that are kind of  sort of related to each other into the same post, when really I should just start new posts for each of my new questions. Note to self: try harder!

I also really miss the open due date buddy groups for some reason. It was fun to see when babies were born to women I'd been cheering on while TTC. I know there are lots of reasons that ladies prefer the private groups and that's fine, I'm just saying I miss seeing the end result of the TTC process. :)

My charts

39 y.o., NTNP since June 2014.

High FSH and tiny ovaries = premature ovarian insufficiency. Donor egg cycle overseas in January 2017: BFN. Looking into adoption, fostering and a second DE cycle and loving up our nieces, nephews and furbabies until all the pieces fall into place.

Not Ranked
Posts 1,588
Spiral replied on Tue, Jan 24 2017 9:39 AM

I'm an old-timer that logged in today for the first time in a LONG time. I'm surprised to see the forums nearly empty. What has happened if anyone can share?

DS - 6
DD - 4
Angel 04/05,10/05 & 4/15/10Sad

Not Ranked
Posts 223
Cm262 replied on Tue, Jan 24 2017 1:52 PM

I'm sure part of it is, some of the previous members are no longer Ttc and all that goes with it. So that leaves a new generation of women Ttc who have access to more info via google than ever before. Of course Facebook and social media also fulfills the desire for some to be part of a group and share. I would say a huge reason for the low membership and participation is the forums are becoming archaic. They are not mobile friendly which is how most of us access them. And I am 30 yes old so I'm not sure if that's even a bigger deal to those still in their 20s. I love the software and have benefitted tremendously from the info here, but the quietness does make it less appealing for sharing. I would never know half of what I do about Ttc and tat without this website. 

DD October 2013

http://www.ovusoft.com/members/Cm262/charts/default.aspx

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,006
heatherbushead replied on Wed, Jan 25 2017 9:04 AM

I miss the old boards as well. I started coming here back in 2010 when I was TTC my first child. I admit to having periods of absences when my babies were newborns and I wasn't TTC, but I've always come back when trying to conceive. My last baby I had almost one year ago and I haven't been back around much since, but now that I've been suffering from postpartum anxiety and depression I came back to see what was going on. It is very sad to see how empty the boards are and I'm not seeing a lot of the users that I used to see all the time. But I'm guess I'm guilty of that as well. Of disappearing. The site is also not very mobile friendly, which makes it difficult for me to use. 

Me (35)  DH (35), married since June 2002.

Baby Girl Jane Victoria, 3/4/11, natural hospital birth!  Birth Story  Baby Girl Claire Eleanor, 4/6/13, natural hospital birth in under 4 hours (!)  Birth Story  AngelMissed miscarriage discovered 4/1/15  Baby GirlAva Lorraine, 2/10/16, natural hospital birth that took 23.5 hours! Birth Story 

Not Ranked
Posts 328
nyc1979 replied on Wed, Jan 25 2017 10:34 AM

Ditto all of this. I was here while TTC my first in 2012/2013 and it was such a supportive place where I received so much information and support. I came back recently as we TTC #2 and was bummed to see how inactive the boards are. I'm happy to help in any way I can to make it a more active place. I'm on FF boards and I don't like them. They seem like a bunch of random people posting pregnancy tests at 5/6 DPO etc. Just not feeling the vibe. 

Me: 37 DH: 36-- married 8/2006 

Baby Girl Grace born 1/9/14

TTC#2 11/2016  BFP 2/22/17!!

EDD: 11/3/17...stick baby stick! Baby Dust

My Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 2,453
NorthStar replied on Sun, Feb 5 2017 4:12 PM

tmonee:

I think Amber is referencing a time even before what most of you remember. Way back in the day you could hardly keep up on the threads, if you missed even one day on the boards you spent the next two catching up. Then there was a falling out and a bunch of people left and some things changed. I was a member back then, but not part of the moderating team.

This! ^^^^

I have been on here since shortly after I started charting Sept. 2003 (or was it 2002). I've stepped away after my babies were born but come back when my fertility starts to return. FF isn't the same either. 

Me(32) Heart DH

DD12 DD7 DS3 TTC since June 2015 

Angel Feb. 28, 2004       Angel Nov. 5, 2006       Angel Dec. 14, 2016 

7w Early Miscarriage  14w Subchorrionic  10.5w Blighted Ovum

Jan. '17 Dx. Hetero MTHFR A1298C & Hysteroscopy

Feb. 18, 2017 Angel Chemical Pregnancy

My Chart

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 10,378
ThreePrinces replied on Mon, Feb 6 2017 10:28 AM

I've been a member since 2002.

I'm glad the bullies are gone.  The Fire Pit.  Need I say more?

3 amazing sons - 2001, 2004, 2006

2 beautiful girls - 2012, 2016

Not Ranked
Posts 248
stellablue91 replied on Wed, Feb 8 2017 12:07 PM

I miss the activity of the past as well.  I check in every now and again to see what is happening, but since I am not TTC, I don't have a lot to add at the moment.   I was a member of the TTC after Miscarriage group that was really active for a long time. That was an amazing group that I wish was still there for ladies going through miscarriage.  It was a life saver for me.  A big reason that group dropped off is when we stopped getting email notifications that a new comment was added.  That always kept me coming back.  Maybe this is just a lull and things will pick back up.  I still tell all my friends who are TTC, specifically those dealing with infertility, about this site and the awesome women here.  

Me:42 DH:44.

Baby Boy  8/26/12   Baby Girl 10/24/15

Broken Heart 6/9/14 @ 5w6d, Broken Heart 9/19/14 @ 8w6d, Broken Heart 10/10/16 @ 8w1d

Not Ranked
Posts 1,588
Spiral replied on Sat, Feb 11 2017 4:07 PM

ThreePrinces - I remember you from when I was active before! It is good to see you are still on here. The name you mentioned is why I left. I didn't want to deal with that negativity.

I must've missed something and wasn't aware Ovusoft was no longer the official board of the book. This is sad because there are a lot of people that have been around a while that know the book forward and backward.

DS - 6
DD - 4
Angel 04/05,10/05 & 4/15/10Sad

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 29,513
dj rayne replied on Sat, Feb 11 2017 6:11 PM

There are still several here that do. Toni made the decision to leave I would assume because of the issues the site continued to have and the Fairhaven(?) Health group partnered with her but that site doesn't have a charting program that works with the accuracy this one does nor does it have the support from members that really know FAM inside and out.

THAT group (FirePit) started their own site and tried to duplicate the boards here. What we lost in General Chatter type forums they excelled in but their fertility boards failed miserably from what I have heard.

David Jude

Click HERE for useful tips and information about this site including linking your chart and directions to allow others to view it Flowers  and HERE for Shrug abbreviations.

To every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven.  Eccl 3:1

My WebCharts

Not Ranked
Posts 647
grandisp replied on Sat, Feb 11 2017 8:32 PM

Has there been any discussion of moving this group to FB? All of my other firums have moved there. I wonder if more people would find it there?

DS 5/2005, DD 9/2009, DS 6/2012, DS 3/2016

Not Ranked
Posts 340
orangekitty replied on Sat, Feb 11 2017 9:19 PM

I personally would hate a move to FB. My struggles and family plans are private from the great majority of the people who know me in real life, I would never post in a public social media forum where I'm forced to use my real name.

My charts

39 y.o., NTNP since June 2014.

High FSH and tiny ovaries = premature ovarian insufficiency. Donor egg cycle overseas in January 2017: BFN. Looking into adoption, fostering and a second DE cycle and loving up our nieces, nephews and furbabies until all the pieces fall into place.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,311
mynewredshoes replied on Sun, Feb 12 2017 6:57 AM

orangekitty:

I personally would hate a move to FB. My struggles and family plans are private from the great majority of the people who know me in real life, I would never post in a public social media forum where I'm forced to use my real name.

My thoughts exactly. I would never move over to FB with this forum.

I also really miss that there once was a very active TTA community here. It really helped keep me sane at times.

Kiss On the marriage roller coaster since 1993 -- what a ride!

Baby Girl Angel Baby Boy Baby Girl

My Chart - TTA indefinitely

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 3,305
botanica_cc replied on Sun, Feb 12 2017 7:04 AM

I may have been here as one of be longest users. I was a member back from when it was in the beta stages and we had to use a CD (mini) that came with me BBT thermometer. This year I am going to be 40 and I still prefer to track on the software here. It frustrates me when it changed formats and originally us old timers were grandfathered in of sorts and then after a few years we were charged a membership fee as well. I still liked the environment and the ladies and at times husbands that I have met on here. I have stumbled across their new site from time to time and I didn't like it. I see some ladies use the fertility friend and they like it because it has an app for their smart phones yes I have to login on the website to track but that's okay with me. We flip flop on TTC and TTA, Either way I'm still here with my 3 FAM kiddos. 

DH A 46 Kiss Me Candace 39

Baby Boy C 12/05 (born via emergency c-section at 40w6d)

Baby Boy H 2/09 (born via c-section after failed VBAC at 39w6d)

Baby Boy G 3/11 (born via scheduled repeat c-section at 39w

Chemical Pregnancy 5/2013 ๐Ÿ’”

Miscarriage 6/26/15 @ 10w 1d ๐Ÿ’” D&C 6/29/15 Baby Girl Full Trisomy 16 

http://ovusoft.com/members/botanica_5F00_cc/charts/default.aspx

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 11,532
tmonee replied on Sun, Feb 12 2017 7:33 AM

I also would not join if things moved to FB. I like the anonymity the forums provide.

As I said before, it's just going to take people actually posting to make things change. If everyone visits but never posts (except in the buddy groups) it's never going to get better.  Truth be known, I lobbied to get rid of the buddy groups just for this reason.

There is so much we could support one another on as women, other than TTC, that it's just sad a place like this isn't more active.

Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS